Un-Big-ing my Back for the Glory of God!
I’m Tonya & Welcome to my Weightloss Blog!
This is a lifestyle blog so I can share a variety of things, but for 2024 it’s going to mostly be about me finally getting serious about my health and ‘doing things my future self will than me for” – as my holistic fitness coach Cookie Miller says.
It’s also about being tenacious in pursuing my entrepreneurial calling, traveling abroad, and other life things.
Thanks for stopping by!
- How I started?TODAY is the first day on my new weight loss journey. I’m starting at 332 lbs, which is down from my pandemic high weight of 351 lbs, but up from my last year low of 325 lbs. How did I get here? It wasn’t because of a health scare because I’ve had some issues and… Read More »How I started?
- Weightloss Strategy Version 5687413At lease I’m persistent….at least I am if you take the long view of things. I’ve been losing weight for over 20 years. My biggest problem is remaining consistent in the things I need to do to make it work like going to the grocery store to keep healthy food readily available or even stretching… Read More »Weightloss Strategy Version 5687413
- Tackle The HunJesus life testifies to us that seeing the Will of God done in our life requires that we endure some hard things. “Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” – 2 Timothy 2:3 KJV I believe the Lord is saying to me that 2020 is my Year of tackling my HUNs.… Read More »Tackle The Hun
My Creative Journey…
- Taking InventoryI’m starting this journey with a lot of creative baggage – the good kind. From drawing fashion and making doll clothes with tape and straight pins to teaching myself to sew then making hats and handbags to painting art to graphic design to building websites to designing rooms. The Lord has blessed me to acquire… Read More »Taking Inventory
- Artists & ImpostersI have been drawing since I could hold a pencil…but I have never called myself an artist. I’ve taught myself to make almost anything with fabric, paint, beads, and a laptop…but I have never thought of myself as an artist. The first step along my journey has been dealing with the #impostersyndrome that seems to be so… Read More »Artists & Imposters
- Creative JourneyI love to travel. Doesn’t matter how – planes, trains, SUVs, ships – I am here for all it it. When I’m traveling nothing bothers me. Not the airport lines or the too-small seats or the waiting to deboard once I arrive. Not seemingly endless miles to drive, getting gas at suspect places with names… Read More »Creative Journey
In the Shop
- Just Out Here Trusting God T-ShirtNo matter you’re facing in your life, the BEST way forward is to Trust God. He always has our best interests at heart. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.6 Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT This tshirt design… Read More »Just Out Here Trusting God T-Shirt
- The Universe has a Name T-ShirtWe often hear people refer to the universe as if it’s a cosmic force with a will of it’s own and the ability to make things happen. The central moral agent and force for change in the world. The universe is being credited for all kinds of things that happen in their lives and the… Read More »The Universe has a Name T-Shirt
Where I’ve Been…
- Sidecar Donuts – Diet SuspendedMy friend’s husband is a donut person. On my latest trip to SoCal they took me to their latest find – Sidecar Donuts. #LifeChanged. NOTHING compares to these donuts. I have no reason to ever eat Krispy Creme again –… Read More »Sidecar Donuts – Diet Suspended
- Birthday Back in SoCalAt this point it’s fair to say that my favorite place to be in the US is Southern California. Despite all of the challenges facing the state, nobody else has the Pacific Ocean and all of the beautiful scenery it… Read More »Birthday Back in SoCal
- Jerusalem & The Holy Land with the SaintsJust got back from my very first trip outside of North America. A group of 20+ of us from my church – Lord’s Tabernacle Holiness Church – flew 13 hours from Memphis to Israel, and spent a week touring the… Read More »Jerusalem & The Holy Land with the Saints
From the WORD…
- Faith Over Fear – Part 1Being wise is good…but trusting God is better! In 2013, I was driving a ‘98 baby blue 2-door Ford Explorer that I bought used in 2000 for $14k. The engine was solid but everything else on it was rachet including my drivers seat which would not stay upright on its own. I kept the rear… Read More »Faith Over Fear – Part 1
- Faith & Works(14) What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? (15) Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. (16) If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about… Read More »Faith & Works
- In the Fullness of Time(Long post alert) Two days ago I was blessed to pay off $32k in credit card debt, plus the last $3200 I owed on my auto loan. #WhewChile I had no idea on New Years’ Day that I would be in a position to do this. I had been praying about it and working on… Read More »In the Fullness of Time